The R3 System
The Registration, Ranking, and Results® (R3®) system is the web-based software application through which all NRMPI Matches are managed.
Confidentiality and Security
The R3 system maintains the highest level of security and confidentiality.
To participate in a Match, users must create a unique username and password that affords them access to the R3 system. This information belongs to the individual, not the institution, program, or medical school, and it is a violation of the Match Participation Agreement if a user allows another individual to use personal login credentials to access the R3 system.
The R3 System is:
- Password protected and thus highly secure because only individuals participating in a Match are provided access.
- Confidential, ensuring ranking information submitted by a Match participant is visible only to individuals connected with the Match.
- Entirely web-based and thus can be used with any computer with access to the Internet.
Providing Organizations and Applicants with Flexibility
Designed to provide organizations with the ability to customize a Match to suit their needs, R3 allows Match participants to:
- Register for a Match and enter/update personal information;
- Modify existing program information, including the number of positions to be offered in a Match;
- Review user guides that include step-by-step instructions for participating in a Match;
- Search for applicants or programs to place on rank order lists;
- Submit certified copies of rank order lists;
- Access individual Match results and Match statistics at the conclusion of a Match.