THE REGISTRATION, RANKING, AND RESULTS® (R3®) SYSTEM
The Registration, Ranking, and Results (R3) system is the web-based software used by NRMPI to manage its Matching Programs. The R3 system is:
- Password protected and thus highly secure because only individuals participating in a Match are provided access.
- Confidential, ensuring ranking information submitted by a Match participant is visible only to individuals connected with the Match.
- Entirely web-based and thus can be used with any computer with access to the Internet.
The R3 system is flexible and designed to provide organizations the ability to customize a Match to suit their needs. Match participants can:
- Register for a Match and enter/update personal information;
- Modify existing program information, including the number of positions to be offered in a Match;
- Review user guides that include step-by-step instructions for participating in a Match;
- Search for applicants or programs to place on rank order lists;
- Submit certified copies of rank order lists;
- Access individual Match results and Match statistics at the conclusion of a Match.
Match outcome reports created at the conclusion of a Match can be tailored to meet the specific needs of the entity sponsoring the Matching Program. Among those typically available are:
- Match Results Statistics: displays the number of applicants and programs in the Match and the numbers of matched applicants and positions filled. Match results statistics also can be generated for each medical specialty participating in the Match.
- List of Unfilled Programs: identifies programs with unfilled positions at the conclusion of the Match.
- List of Unmatched Applicants: identifies applicants who did not obtain positions during when the matching algorithm was processed.
- Confidential Roster of Program’s Matched Applicants: displays a list of the applicants matched to the program, as well as the number of positions offered, the number of applicants who were matched to the program, and the number of unfilled positions remaining after the Match.
- Match Results by Ranked Applicant: displays all applicants ranked by a program director, along with the location of each applicant’s match.